Finally - sewing class details starting in September 2013 | Sewing Class | Forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Finally - sewing class details starting in September 2013
July 1, 2013
4:50 pm
Sophie Henzell

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /var/sites/h/holmfirthwi.org.uk/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 398

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /var/sites/h/holmfirthwi.org.uk/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 398

If everything goes to plan and the school say yes, we will be starting two sewing classes per term from September.

Classes are from 7-9pm and the beginners group will meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month starting on September 3rd 2013 and the intermediate group on the 4th starting on September 24th 2013. Classes only run during term time.

You can find the High School's 2013/2014 term dates here http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/com…..mDates.pdf

Our tutor is Sian Baker. Sian teaches at the HAEC and also runs private classes in sewing, dressmaking and upholstery. Unfortunately we cannot do upholstery in the space provided as it is not suitable.

Initially we may have to share a sewing machine until Sian can establish how many of the school's spare machines work or can be fixed. Sian will run a course per term and is open to discussing which specific aspects of needlecraft you'd like to learn. She can also give you homework if you'd like! The beginners course will follow a set path but there is room for scope in future terms as you have grasped the basics. I have taken her course at Holmfirth Adult Ed and she is a fabulous teacher and I picked things up much faster than I thought.

We have room for 10 people per class. We had 24 people sign up. Some moved to the sewing bee and some couldn't make Tuesdays. That leaves 18 people still signed up. Of those, not everyone has responded to let me know which ability level they feel would be most suitable for them. I need to know ASAP which class you would like to sign up to please – beginners or intermediate – so I can allocate spaces.

So far I have the following groups confirmed: (As of 01.07.13)

Beginners:

Jessica Jubb
Jos Mister
Kate Gamble
Shirley Hepworth
Sarah Banks
Cheryl Thompson

Intermediate:

Sophie Henzell
Susan Ingham
Anna Robertson
Moira Roach
Hazel Wardill
Caroline Gooder

That leaves 4 spaces in each group to split between 5 people. Fingers crossed we have an even split! Please let me know which group you'd like to be in via email – wi lightbulb-moment com

I am posting the term dates as a separate topic to make it easier to refer back to later.

Thanks for your patience – this has taken way longer that I could ever have imagined!

August 13, 2013
4:07 pm
Fiona Mellor

Hi, I would be interested in joining the beginners class, I have my own machine which I would be happy to bring along, I could then learn how to use it!! Thanks Fiona

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 28

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 5

Members: 392

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 18

Topics: 18

Newest Members: jeffryleeper3, tonywinslow03, natishalock286, gregg65768919360, leighca11, scarlettwylde, janeenmorice, bettywaechter34, henryxay88452861, Wendellreoma

Administrators: admin (0)